Tuesday 3 March 2009

A bad move?

I just found myself very quick in making decision especially when come to thing that I enthuse, for example like yesterday with an unexpected call of a friend asking my opinion on his purchase of a secondhand pc and because I always think of getting a better performance desktop and I just let slip that I was going to sell off my old pc then he asked me how much so I just do a basic calculation to him. To cut the whole story short,yea, I am selling off my pc this friday. I was just realised that I can make a better choice if I wasn’t too quick to say yes to my friend. But, what is gone is gone. I anticipating on a new one this coming April 3-5 Pikom Pc Fair.

Let’s talk how my old pc spec are:

P4 1.6ghz processor, gigabyte motherboard, 512mb+256mb ram, 160gb hd, 256mb ati graphic card, sony dvd-burner, and ATX tower casing with 400watt psu.

and the spec that I will probably have:

C2D 2.6ghz(est. rm240)
ASUS mainboard (budget rm200)
2gb PC800 DDR2 ram (est. rm 65)
320gb hd(rm0)
ATI graphic card (budget rm200)
DVD-burner(budget rm80)
ATX Computer casing with psu(budget rm 100)
total: rm890- rm200=rm690-rm400=rm290

cost to get a new set of pc = rm290 after exclude upgradable component and deduction from the sale of old pc.

*est. = my own estimation of pc fair price.

well, not a really bad move. But it could be a better move which I can be very happy to make when I thought of it last night. Anyway, the purpose of getting new set of pc is to trying out newly released beta version of Windows 7, Adobe After Effect, Pinnacle Studio 12, Sony Vegas 9, Adobe CS4, and to buy time+peace(you have no idea how many time you wasted in waiting the pc to log on, response to your command and emotionally hush of having a fast enough pc)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no no no! is a good move! ahahaha

huiping